Iwata CM-SB2 Custom Micron Air Brush
The Custom Micron Series are for the elite professional who demands precise and accurate control of very detailed airbrushing. These airbrushes are reputed to be the best – the flagship of Iwata airbrushes. The special matched head systems are hand fitted, adjusted and retested until the spray characteristics are perfect, giving superb atomisation and incredible control.
The CM-SB has a 0.18mm needle and nozzle. The CM-SB is the most versatile in the Custom Micron range because you can attach small side cups that hold a few drops of paint through to suction bottles up to 2oz (56ml). This is ideal when frequent colour changes are required. Also you may view your close-up detail work directly over the top of your airbrush without a gravity bowl in way of the view.
The CM-SB2 is excellent for these applications:
- Fine Art
- Nail Art
- Photo Retouching
New features of the CM-SB version 2:
- Redesigned shape, height and grip on trigger for comfort and control
- One-piece needle-chucking guide with auxiliary lever for ease of re-assembly
- A crown cap dock on the rear of the pre-set handle so you will never lose your crown needle cap again when you take it off for the closest detail work.
The CM-SB features:
- 0.18mm nozzle for the finest detail
- Hand-fitted and tested matched head system
- Side-feed (comes with 1/8oz (3.5ml) cup for right or left-handed use)
- Ultra fine detail to 3/4″ (0.18mm to 20mm) spray pattern
- Removable head assembly for easy cleaning
- Easy roll top trigger
- Body cut-out for easy adjustment of needle packing and lubrication
- Pre-set adjustment handle
- Crown cap
- Highly polished, hardened stainless-steel needle for exceptionally smooth transition from detail to mid-range spraying
The Custom Micron Series come in a smart, red metal case with a FREE pistol grip moisture filter.
The CM-SB has the option to change to a 0.23mm head system for greater coverage and medium paints. To retain the ultimate performance of your Custom Micron, Iwata recommend that you fit a complete matched head system or, if you require a replacement nozzle only, that you send your airbrush in for a technical expert to fit a replacement nozzle (See service/repair).
With a fine nozzle like the 0.18mm nozzle of the CM-SB, be careful to use paints with fine pigment and suitably thinned, as heavier pigments and higher viscosity paints can cause blockages. As a guide, thin paints to a milky consistency. If you have a query whether a particular paint is suitable for a particular airbrush, please contact us.
These paints are specially formulated to be ready to go through a fine airbrush:
- Medea Nail Art colours
- Com Art water based acrylics
You will also need:
- Air source (look at recommended Iwata Studio Series compressors)
- Air hose (look at Iwata Hoses)
- Cups and bottles as required
All Iwata and Neo for Iwata airbrushes are warranted by Anest Iwata-Medea against all manufacturing defects of materials and manufacture or workmanship. Neo for Iwata Airbrushes are warranted for a period of 5 years and all other Iwata Airbrushes is extended by the Airbrush Company Ltd to 10 years in the UK. Your 10 year extended warranty is only valid with the Airbrush Company Ltd if you have purchased from an authorised UK reseller and you present your proof of purchase. Should you have the need to make a claim, or consider you have a warranty claim, then please contact The Airbrush Company Ltd for the claims procedure.
Please note, this warranty does not cover needles, nozzles, packing and o-rings, since these parts need to be replaced occasionally due to normal wear. It also does not cover damage caused by negligence, airbrushes that have been altered in any way, cleaning or servicing.
If you have purchased your Iwata Airbrush from a dealer in another country, your warranty will be valid in that country and you will need to return it to the vendor for repair or replacement under warranty.